Who doesn’t love a refreshing glass of lemonade in the summertime? Today I’m going to show you a super simple homemade lemonade recipe that you can whip up in no time! The best part about this lemonade is that you can control the amount of sugar that goes into it and it doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners, unlike store bought juices.
- 4 large lemons (about 1 cup of lemon juice)
- 6 cups of water
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of simple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Start off by squeezing your lemons
- Pour the juice and 6 cups of water into a large pitcher
- Add in your simple syrup (N.B. This is simply 2 parts sugar to one part water brought to a boil and set aside to cool)
- Garnish with sliced lemons and mint leaves
- Poor the mixture into a glass over some ice
* I find it’s best if you let it sit in the fridge over night. This really gives all the flavours a chance to come together!
What’s your favourite summer drink?