I’m back again with another dessert recipe! I have some more savory recipe ideas on the way but I wanted to make sure to get all my summer recipes in while I still can! In the summertime, I love baking with fresh ingredients that are harder to come by during the winter months. Plus, I’m typically a bigger fan of fruity desserts as opposed to rich chocolate-y ones. Keeping with the trend of quick and simple recipes, here are my absolute favorite blueberry lemon muffins! I just think blueberries and lemon zest are a match made in heaven when it comes to dessert!
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Here’s what you are going to need to get started:
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- grated lemon rind (zest)
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the beaten egg, milk & melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the lemon zest and the blueberries (the original recipe only calls for lemon zest as a topping but I like the lemon flavour to be prominent throughout the entire muffin!).
- Pour your mixture into muffin tins and add more lemon rind to the tops of your muffins (you can also sprinkle a little extra sugar over top while you’re at it!).
- Pop your baking tin into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the centre and it comes out clean. I always recommend checking on your muffins throughout the baking process as your oven’s cooking time may vary.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes and they are ready to enjoy!
Let me know if you give these a try!